Saturday, June 12, 2010

Two Geeks Apart

Our last stop was Louisville, KY.  Mom made fast friends with the locals, then we said our goodbyes to Jim and Odie.

We had planned this first leg of our summer that Mom would come with us for the first 3 weeks, then I”d spend a couple weeks with her.  So I flew back to Fort Lauderdale with Mom, leaving Jim to be a bachelor in Louisville.

This morning we went to a yoga class on the beach.

Can you see that calm wonderful ocean?  You can bet if Jim had been here, we would have been diving!

Then we had lunch with friends – the main reason being that Diane and Andy were in town to share with us all that they’re going to have a baby!  This was quite unexpected news – but we all know they’ll be wonderful parents – especially if being fit is a factor in good parenting!  That’s Diane in the yoga picture with the green shirt.  She had already run and biked before yoga – I was barely able to get up in time to make it!  Andy was swimming a mile in the ocean while we were yoga’ing.

Natalie, Diane, Andy, Geri

See more about Diane and Andy at their blog but be warned – you’ll get tired just reading about all their activities!  If you want to try to keep up with them, you might need some of the products that they sell on their Rolling Sands Harmony website.  Mostly Yoga and Pilates items.  No, you won’t get a discount by mentioning the Geeks, but we know you’ll get quality products and be sending your money to really good people.

4 comments:

Roadrunner said...

Cute picture! I don't see any tar balls!

Randy and Pam Warner said...

Seems like a lot of folks are doing Pilates or exercising etc.

Levonne said...

Just love Mama and that llama shot! Have fun in FL. Have you had time to check out my blog? A Camp Host Housewife's Meanderings

-Nellie and Jonathan said...

Oh wow! I'd love to do a yoga class on the beach...and I don't even like yoga ;)

Love your blog name! Very funny!!

Nellie
http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com/

Feel free to stop by sometime! My DH is a computer geek too! Not that I let him use my laptop. I'm greedy :)