Saturday, April 11, 2015

Tombstone

After leaving Malibu, we retraced our steps back - something I hate to do! We stayed at Thousand Trails in Palm Springs, then Leaf Verde in Buckeye. Then, we were hoping to take a different route east from Phoenix since we've traveled I-10 between Phoenix and Tucson so many times this season!


But ... as it turns out, we just hired a company to help us renovate our website and the consultant assigned to us lives in Tucson! I love that so much can get done with a team online, but I'll never pass up an opportunity to meet face to face. So, we traveled I-10 to Tucson ... again ... and had a nice meeting with Leigh while staying at Catalina State park.



Our destination was Faywood Hot Springs in New Mexico (because we saw it on a friend's Facebook posts!) so, after leaving Tucson we stayed on I-10 east. When Jim saw a sign saying "Tombstone Next Exit" he said, I want to go there. I said, "OK." That's all there was to it!

I checked my Allstays Camp and RV app on my phone to see what campgrounds were available and found one right in the middle of historic Tombstone called Wells Fargo. Cool. We checked in about 2pm, figured we could do a little sightseeing, have dinner, and leave in the morning. But Jim had to call Dr. Jay first. Dr. Jay is someone Jim met at the FMCA rally in Redmond, Oregon last summer. He held on to Dr. Jay's card with a note that said, if you're ever in Tombstone, look him up and take a tour. Jim called and got such a warm welcome from Dr. Jay that we just had to stay another day in order to take his tour in the morning. I sooo love having the flexibility to do this kind of thing.







Although Tombstone is known as the place where Wyatt Earp had the shootout at the OK Corral, that was just a tiny blip in it's history as a mining town. So, we took the mine tour as well as the re-enactment of the shootout. And, at home during the evening, we rented the movie Tombstone with Kurt Russell. GREAT movie, and what a treat to get the live tour of the place the next day! We love watching movies filmed in the places we're visiting.

Great fun. We really enjoyed stopping in Tombstone.

Further your computer education**Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletters**

Watch our Weekly Online Show on Learning Smartphones and Tablets!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Why in the world would you need to hire a company to redo your website? Is it because you have multiple websites to coordinate? Or you have so many
neat things hoing on that you simply don't have time? Just wondering.

Chris Guld said...

Hi Gail, Thanks for commenting. The website is a long story, but basically I see a lot of improvement needed at geeksontour.com Actually, if you still use it much I'd love to hear your experience.