Here's what a traditional -stick and brick- Toastmasters club looks like:
As Jim and I were reviewing our calendar yesterday, Jim reminded me that I was supposed to speak at last night's online meeting. What!? I had forgotten all about it. A speech is supposed to be prepared! What am I going to talk about? I struggled with this question most of the day, then, just a couple of hours before 'showtime' I remembered a story I wrote during the writer's workshop in Italy last summer. It was a personal story about one particular dive trip, and one particular dive - a night dive - that didn't go so well. Perfect! Great timing too, since we are getting ready for a dive trip to the Bahamas this week.
Here's the recording of our meeting, my speech starts at about the 7 minute point and goes for 7 minutes.
Further your computer education**Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletters**
Watch our Weekly Online Show on Learning Smartphones and Tablets!
Watch our Weekly Online Show on Learning Smartphones and Tablets!

No comments:
Post a Comment