Thursday, October 17, 2024

Cartagena

 It has such a romantic ring to it, doesn't it? 

Cartagena

I need to watch "Romancing the Stone" again with Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas. I think it gave me my romantic notion of Cartagena, Colombia.

Pulling into the port at night, it looked like jewels.


We had signed up for the included tour here. A bus ride with commentary around the old part of town with one stop for shopping. I found a T-shirt I really liked and we got our obligatory souvenir magnet.




The main tourist attraction is the fort


The narrow streets of the old town were quite picturesque. And, here a local stops Jim to compliment his mustache - (it happens all the time!! 🥸


Interesting to see how the old town is completely walled-in. Then there's the modern Cartagena in the background.


It was a nice, easy tour. Then there was this park right at the port - so you could wander around and see the peacocks, parrots, coatis and more. And, I always love these photo op signs.




No comments: