Believe it or not, that's what we did one day in Fiji. We went Ziplining. And, not just one zipline. This operation had set up 16 lines. You hike up to the first platform, get hooked up to the line and goooooooo. Then you walk up some stairs, climb another path to another platform, get hooked up to the line and goooo. It was a gorgeous day, and the views were magnificent. We kept hiking up to the next platform for 6 lines I think it was, then the trail headed down with 10 platform stops and ziplines in between. See Zip-Fiji.com for more details.
There were some techniques to learn. For the first few lines, I would spin around till I was headed backwards to the landing platform. I finally asked why that was and they told me that my gloved hand need to hang on to the line behind my head rather than in front. Notice Jim in the photo above vs my photo. That would keep me flying straight. There was also a technique of just kind of falling off the platform or pushing off, and of course, there is the obligatory shouting of "Bula!" as you fly away! By the time we were on line 13 or 14, we pretty much got it down! It was SOO fun.
Somewhere in the middle of the day of ziplining, we took a detour and visited a cave. It was magical. A tour of that cave alone would have been a memorable day.
No comments:
Post a Comment