Our sail away from Bali was on the evening of a full moon. So beautiful. And we were invited up to a balcony cabin of our friend Nuran for a 'sail away party.'
When we woke up the next morning we were in Surabaya, Indonesia. We didn't get off the ship there, choosing to stay put on the ship for a while. Both Jim and I had plans for the next port, Semarang.
Jim scheduled a tour to the world famous Prambanan Hindu Temple
And Borobudur Buddhist Temple in Central Java. Dating from the 9th century, this site is renowned as the largest Buddhist temple in the world.
I didn't go on the tour with him because I was involved with the ship's line dancers and we were invited to dance with a local line dancing group in Semarang. It is just so cool to have this reason to get together with locals.
No comments:
Post a Comment