Monday, July 13, 2026

New Country! Thailand - Koh Samui

 Officially, Thailand is known as The Kingdom of Thailand. Before 1939 it was known as Siam. Neither Jim nor I have ever been here before. The country of Thailand has a very unusual shape! Some say it looks like an elephant. The elephant is the offiicial national symbol of Thailand!


Our first stop was an island called Koh Samui. Koh means 'island' in Thai. We anchored off of Nathon Pier and took a tender in. It was a very active town right at the pier. We found a nice little restaurant with air and had some real Thai food. Thai food is known for being very spicy. That's what Jim likes, but I can't handle hot-spicy food at all. I found Pad Thai on the menu and I know that to be a tasty, sweet, noodle dish with chicken or pork, It was delicious! Jim had a spicy shrimp soup: Tom Yum? 




Just down the block and take a left at an alleyway and you see brightly colored temple. 


Diving

The next day, Jim went diving. I couldn't go because of my skin cancer creme doing its work on my face. I enjoyed a day to myself at my computer. 

Tour

I saw all sorts of spectacular temples and Buddhas when researching Koh Samui, so I decided to book a tour thru Ida at our destination desk - no extra charge: $50pp for the day. It was just Jim, Me, and Diedre in a nice air conditioned car and our guide, Emma was great. 


Ganesh


Happy Buddha




Just the 3 of us on this tour: Diedre, Jim, Me


Entrance to the Magic Garden




Fantastic Tour!

No comments: