Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Is it an RV Show or a Rally?

We’re at the Tampa RV Supershow for this week.  It’s part of Jim’s workcamping job to be in the Booth for Paradise Island (Riverstone RV Parks) all week.

You’d think that we’d be here giving our Geeks on Tour computer seminars like we do at the big RV rallies in the summer?  It’s been our experience that an RV Show is where people come to shop for new RVs and accessories and not generally to attend seminars.  So, we’ve never even looked into speaking here, and we haven’t been invited.  Meanwhile, I have a ton of work to do on our website, videos and Picasa book.  So, it’s just fine with me to stay in the RV all week while Jim is in at the Booth in the Expo hall.  If you’re here at the show, go find Jim and say hi!  He’s in building B at the north end (I think) of aisle 100.

Paradise Island Supplier Booth at Tampa RV Supershow

Anybody recognize the little Tiki bar?  So cute!

When we got here Monday it was the most gorgeous weather possible About 72 degrees, sparkling sunshine and just the tiniest of breezes.  That continued thru Tuesday.  Jim and I said, “Aha!  That’s another difference between a Rally and an RV Show – it *always* rains at rallies!  How else do we get to watch RVs being towed out of the mud?

Come to find out there is a rally going on here along with the show.  So, guess what?  It is POURING today!

The view out our door at the Tampa RV Supershow

I guess it really is a Rally!

I’m definitely not leaving the RV in this!  And, I’m glad I got a video recorded earlier because the sound of rain on the roof makes it impossible to record now. I’ll bet some other fulltime RVers can relate to this … the sound of rain on the roof is so romantic when you first start living in an RV but there comes a time when it is just annoying and you’d rather hear yourself think!

That’s OK, I have non-recording work to do too.  Picasa has recently upgraded to version 3.9 so I have to revise our ‘Beginner’s Guide to Picasa’ booklet.  There’s really not that much difference in the procedures, but there are a few, and they’ve added quite a bit of stuff.  Probably the main reason I need to revise the book is for the screenshots.  Since they changed the buttons, and added some tabbed menus – every screen view is changed.    aaarrrgghhh

If you use Picasa and are wondering what I’m talking about, you can view one of our recent videos on Youtube.  I decided to upload this one -Picasa 3.9: Where did My Buttons Go?- yesterday so even non-members can watch.

1 comment:

Fputnam said...

Lack of attendance for the seminars was certainly not the case at the Tampa show. We attended 4 seminars and every one of them was packed. In fact one, Traveling to Alaska, was standing room only.