Saturday, June 22, 2013

So Long John Wrightson

The world lost a sweet and loving man last week. 

20070204_0328

It was only a few months ago that he called Jim.  His speech was halting and he had trouble with words.  He explained that tumors had been found in his brain.  In the following months he underwent treatments, but there wasn’t much that could be done.  

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” Lao Tzu

I thought of Lynne and John when I read this quote the other day.  They were so clearly in love.  We are so sad.

Jim posted on Facebook:

I met John early in our first year full-timing. We were kindred spirits and bonded immediately. He was a wise and gifted craftsman with a joy for life. He was married to a wonderful woman who enriched us all. To say I, and all who knew him will miss him, is a gross understatement. As I tearfully write this, I remember and am glad I was his friend. RIP John Wrightson.

As soon as the Escapade rally is over, we are on our way to Tillamook, Oregon – originally to visit Lynne and John – now to spend some time with Lynne.  We love you two.

These pictures have been gathered from our albums over the last 10 years and several that Lynne sent me as well. 

3 comments:

Bill said...

Sad to hear this. Brain problems are the worst way to go. I know, brain problems are what took my sister.
Years ago we made a light effort to get together with John and Lynne while we were close by, but it didn't happen. I regretted it then and really regret it now,

Rod Ellison said...

Very sad to hear this news. Will be thinking about Lynne, (and you guys as well) as I know you were good friends.
Rod

Cherie said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news, guys... you talked so fondly of him, and sorry that you didn't make it to OR in time to spend some time with him. Sending you both lots of love.