2-24 Friday
Good morning! Half the night was at anchor, the other half under way to the next site. I slept SOO good. Ready to go! First dive, at 7 am, is another beautiful wall. I have been diving with a small tank, (60?) but I didn't like running out of air so I switched to a larger (80?) tank today and I'm very glad I did. Current came up at the end and I had to struggle a bit, but I didn't have to worry. I had 1200 psi at that point. Plenty to last thru some struggle,and a safety stop.
03
I did it! Four dives today. A second morning dive on another wall, an afternoon dive on a slope, and a night dive on a shallow reef. All warm comfortable, beautiful. Nothing particularly remarkable. Except maybe the large turtle on the night dive.
For every dive there are crew that get your heart ready for you, help you on with your wetsuit, and help you on to the dinghy. I'm really getting spoiled. Then the dinghy takes you to the dive site. We're all sittingj on the gunnels of the boat with all our gear on. When we are at the dive site our guide, Wayan , says 1-2-3-go and we all fall over backwards into the water.
2-25 Saturday 2dives
What did you do today? We started with a dive on a wall that goes down over 1000 feet. We stayed above 80 feet! The water is warm and wonderful. The experience of flying over, under, beside, and all around the reef, is pure pleasure. Not a whole lot to see on this dive, but that was fixed on the second dive.
Second dive is a sea mount. I've always said my favorite type of dive is a wall. I might be revising that to say a Sea Mount. The prettiest stuff is often at the top and here the "top" started at 40 feet so we spent a lot of time there. Lots of Nemo's, cabbage coral and other fish. And a Cuttlefish! Jim got a good video of it.
Back on board there was great conversation with Ana and Witt about Hawaii. Then we all took naps. Gathered again at happy hour time and were treated To a pod of dolphins at the bow - here's the quick video.
One of those days you feel so glad to be alive and experiencing the best life has to offer.
2-26 Sunday 2dives, I sat out the 3D
First dive I called sea fan hill. It was covered with gorgeous sea fans. A bit of current made us work.
I chose to stay on board and read my book, to kill a mockingbird, during the second dive.
Third dive was just gorgeous. Coral upon coral upon coral. There must be 100+ varieties.
We were supposed to visit a village in the afternoon, but weather didn't cooperate.
The only thing I didn't like about the boat was the dinner schedule. You eat, then go to bed. Not good.
No comments:
Post a Comment