We got married 25 years ago today, July 4. We picked the day because it would be easy to remember and there would always be fireworks for us.
To celebrate this year, we booked a room at the same hotel where we spent our wedding night all those years ago. What a perfectly gorgeous view of the beach and the ocean we had!
It was hot, but beautiful, weather. No rain. They had a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses waiting in our room. We booked 2 nights so we could get there the night before and spend the whole day and night of the 4th just enjoying life!
We even got wet!
| That sunscreen is a bit too white, isn't it? |
We walked down strip and had dinner at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It was great. And, so fun. That sign you see on the table, "Run Forrest Run" - if you turn it over it says, "Stop Forrest Stop" - and that 's the signal that you want your server to get you something!
For Dessert, we got a box of chocolates!
Sunrise and Moonrise were just exquisite.
And the fireworks did not disappoint. The best part was we had the best view right from our room.
25 years, plus 5 more before we actually got married, and I don't see how we could be much happier. We both have the same mission - to make the other one happy while completely enjoying ourselves as well. We're so lucky that we enjoy the same things. And, where there is potential for conflict we separate our activities just enough. For example, for our YouTube shows, I create the content - and Jim doesn't second-guess anything I do there. He handles all the production, and I don't even know how he does it, so I never bother him with back-seat driving there.
And, we both know that life is for having fun. We have fun with our work, but even so, it is important to have a break - thus the 2 nights at a hotel.
So, what did I do? I brought my Google Photos book along and went thru it getting inspired to work on an update. Like I said, that's fun.
Our July 4, anniversary dinner was outdoors, right on the beach, at the Marriott Harbor beach hotel, right next door to ours. We walked along the beach to get there. It was delightful, delicious, and memorable.






No comments:
Post a Comment