Little Cayman Beach Resort is paradise. I mean look at this view!
![]() |
| Back row L-R: Ryan P. Roger, Amy, Susan, Cassandra, Judy, Don, Michelle, Jim, Jeff Front row L-R: Debra, Marie, Kathie, Patrice, Chris |

And the diving is great if you like walls, like I do, this is heaven. It does seem wrong that, on vacation, you have to be up and at breakfast at 6:30 am. The food was very good. After eating 3 full meals every day for a week, I'm sure I gained a couple pounds.
I came down with a cold on Thursday, skipped the dives and slept on Friday, and I'm now on the plane from Brac to Grand Cayman on Saturday and I feel fine. Zicam baby! Good stuff. It is distressing that I get sick most every time we travel, especially dive trips. The one when I did not get sick was indonesia. I'm wondering if the lemon grass/ ginger tea that they gave us after every dive had anything to do with that.?? When we got home we took a Covid test and it was positive - both of us. 😒However, we feel fine. Deja Vu.
I loved the "valet" diving where all you had to do was get yourself, your fins and mask, to the back of the boat and they brought your tank to you. So easy and stress free. I did not love that there were 20 divers in the boat - and therefore, in the water. That's crowded.
One week is not enough. It's enough for diving, it's just not enough for being away. The ratio of getting ready, packing, unpacking etc. To being there and relaxing is not enough for me. My favorite trip is the one to Italy in 2017 when we were gone for 6 weeks. 1 week is just not enough to be memorable. I've already forgotten much of the BVI trip that was just a couple months ago. Part of that may also be the diving. As much As I like it, the dives tend to run all together. There's nothing so memorable about one dive from another. The special part of diving is the feel of it in the moment. That's the memory. The memory of feeling weightless, flying - slowly - over that grand canyon cliff, feeling like some superhuman and thoroughly relaxed at the same time.
Debra, on this trip, tells us of her favorite dive resort in Belize - Turneffe Flats. It sounds really good. And then we could add a week or more and explore Belize. Hmmm.








No comments:
Post a Comment