Friday, September 09, 2005
Mom goes to Bhutan
I am so spoiled by our motorhome! I am accustomed to doing a little cleaning up and tying down, then just turning the key and going, knowing that I have EVERYTHING I could possibly need for my travels, because, well ... because I have EVERYTHING I own with me! And, as we're traveling, we can stop anywhere and make a nice lunch, we can take a nap, use the bathroom (our own private bathroom). Mom had to think about what she would need for each day of the next 2 1/2 weeks and pack it all in a little suitcase. Very little, since the flight on Druk airlines from Bangkok to Paro, Bhutan has a limit of 44 pounds! She'll have to sit in an airplane seat for god knows how many hours. What a barbaric way to travel! :-) Here's Mom and Emily as we dropped them off at the airport way too early in the morning.
But, I gotta admit, she goes to some pretty exotic places! This trip is guided by Keren Su of China Span who she has traveled with before. So, where is Bhutan? Well, it's in the Himalaya mountains, east of Nepal, south of China and north of India. It's commonly thought of as the location of Shangri-La. It has only been open for tourism for the last 30 years. Should be quite a trip!
It's been fun to spend a lot of time with her while here in Florida. We actually reviewed all her trips over the last dozen or so years. It's been on my list for a long time to work on her web page and I finally did it. Check out www.marilynsplanet.com and see where all she has been! And ... soon, she will fill in some stories and video clips for her trips. I made sure it all worked and posted a couple sample clips on her weblog that came from video of her 70th birthday. Mom, Jim and I went to Walker's Cay in the Bahamas and did the Shark Rodeo dive. Check out the video here. How many 70 year olds do you know that invite 40+ sharks to their birthday party?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment