Monday, February 27, 2006

Bye Bye Lake Lopez

God! It was beautiful here this last week. The weather was supposed to turn nasty yesterday afternoon, so we had an early dinner together. As it turns out, it was very nice. Warmer than it has been, and no wind at all. Then we took a nice walk. Playing on the Live Oaks. You could tell that something was happening with the weather - the sky looked like something from a Van Gogh painting. So, now we say goodbye to our friends here: As I've mentioned in previous posts, life on the road continually presents lessons in Letting Go. I'm still learning! I always thought I was a 'glass half full' kinda gal rather than a 'glass half empty'. But I find myself thinking about all the things that I *didn't* do during our month here. I think about the fact that we haven't yet figured out how to make a living. We didn't get very far in our campaign to get in shape. We don't know where we're going next. yadda yadda yadda. Lynne reminds me to think in terms of 'Here comes the next adventure' instead of worrying about what's not happening 'according to plan'. Easier said than done, but so true. The uncertainty of what each new day will bring, the mystery of the road, the adventure. That's what I wanted by choosing this lifestyle. Guess what? I Got it!! Now, I just need to learn to live with it! I think of this proverb often: An elder Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me ... it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. the same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too. " They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?" The old Cherokee simply replied..." The one you feed."

No comments: