Monday, November 08, 2010

Thousand Trails, Peace River

I just love taking pictures here at Thousand Trails, Peace River.  If you follow the link to the park’s website, you’ll be able to watch a video that Jim made back in 2007 when we stayed here for a whole winter season.  It was one of our very first Photo Story videos – I still like it.
Today is my birthday and I just can’t imagine anywhere I’d rather be.

Here's our site, by the pickleball courts, and the hot tub!


And, here's my favorite part ... the nature trail by the river.
I made Odie pose by the 'Gnome King Tree'

Here's the tree:

And here's Mom posing in her favorite tree:

And, of course paddling the river.  Yesterday was a beautiful day and we took advantage.

Here's a little video to give you a better idea:


Do we have to leave today?!
Yep.
More pictures on our Picasa Web Album for this month.

6 comments:

Paula and Tom said...

We're right down the road at the SKP Park. Enjoying the weather. We begin moving north on Wed. to meet tne Boomers at Chambers Farm for Thanksgiving then south Ga. to camphost in Dec.

Kathy and Robert said...

Happy Birthday! It's wonderful that you're in a location that you are totally enjoying.Pickleball is a new one for me...Gonna have to learn that one! Blessings, K

David Cross said...

Happy Birthday Chris. I hope it was a good one.

Ron and Thelma said...

Happy Birthday Chris Many more

drronusa said...

We are almost birthday twins as mine was Sat. Happy Birthday

drronusa said...

Did you search for any prehistoric shark teeth? We found about 40 of them in the Peace River just down stream from the park. A 1/2 mile downstream from the bridge. Ron