Sunday, September 04, 2011

Lots of Work, Lots of Fun

I'm sure you've heard the saying that, "If you find a way to make your living with something you love to do - you'll never have to work a day in your life." 
Or something like that :-)
We are living proof.  We were as busy as we could be this past week - thus the lack of blog posts - but I also can't imagine having more fun.  Here are a few pictures of the seminars we presented at the Escapade this week:

Our Picasa: Beyond the Basics seminar

Our Facebook Seminar

Our Streets and Trips seminar
All five seminars we taught this week had really good attendance, and I think they *all* came by our booth too.  I'm surprised that I didn't lose my voice by the end of the week!  We loved every minute! 

We also had some time to get together with Phil and Tracey from TechnoRV and made further plans for our own rally.  We have an  RV park booked!  It's in Bushnell, Florida and the dates are April 22-28.  We've set up a public Facebook event that you can see for further details.
Don't we look like we're working?!
A couple of other items of note from the Escapade: Jim became a member of the Elks. There are Elks lodges all over the country that have overnight parking facilities for RVs.  We look forward to taking advantage of them now.  Meanwhile, Jim is a proud member of the Gillette, Wyoming Elks Lodge!  We also met Don and Pat of HarvestHosts.com They find Wineries, Vineyards, and Farms willing to let RVs park overnight on their properties.  Talk about right up our alley! 

We left Gillette yesterday and are puting the miles on in order to get to the New Jersey shore (Long Beach Island) in time for Jim's 40th High School reunion on September 10.  No time for sightseeing, but I did snap this shot of Devil's tower from the window!

Devil's Tower as seen from Highway 90 in Wyoming


We do have one stop in between.  We agreed to present a special Picasa seminar at the Quad Cities Computer Society in Moline, Illinois.  It's right on our route.  See the news article about our appearance.

Further your computer education**Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletter**

2 comments:

Bill K said...

FYI

When I clicked on the HarvestHosts.com this is what I got.



Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Bill Kelleher

John Huber said...

I try to read the current post on IE 9 and it crashed the app. I then pulled it up with Chrome, and it looked fine. But when I clicked on the link for the Harvest Host website, it gave me a directory listing denied. First time I've seen that. I thought you would like to know.