First of all, there's nothing on the calendar. I can sleep as late as I want. I can leave my hair uncombed and wear my PJ-style clothes. I can do a little yoga to get the energy flowing before sitting down at the computer and seeing where the keyboard takes me!
Then I started playing with Snapseed some more. We did our "Button" show on Snapseed this Sunday. I have so much fun with that app! Every time I teach it I learn something more. I was extra excited about the double-exposure feature that I've used before, but really figured it out for a particular purpose on Sunday's show. In this video I show how I took the first two photos below to create the third one.

During the show we had a couple of questions from the audience that have been bouncing around in my head ever since.
- Can I add text "below" the photo?
- Can I add a copyright watermark?
I said no to the first one, and yes - but it's work, to the second. Today I figured it out, and it made me dance around the house I was so excited. I'll be writing about my latest Snapseed discoveries in our
Geeks on Tour newsletter that will come out in a couple days.
Next on my To Do list was to rattle some cages with the Trip Insurance claim I filed for our quarantined Central America tour. I've submitted all the documents I have and they still want more. After 2 hours (literally) on hold, I talked to someone who said that someone else will send me an email and clear it all up. I'll believe it when I see it. But, in any case I felt good for doing my part - this kind of detail paperwork is NOT my strong point. I deserve a pat on the back!
Then I turned my attention to creating the show notes that I write up after each Button Show. I'm really proud of these notes. They're a lot more than bullet points, they are written documentation of everything that we teach during the show, including links to videos and other materials. I review them all the time. I rarely re-watch a whole 45 minute show, but I often refer to the show notes to remember how to do something.
For our Geeks on Tour Members, I convert the show notes to a .pdf file and it's important that the links in the notes be clickable. What good is a link if you can't click it?! Well, I use the Evernote web clipper to accomplish this and, about a month ago, it had a bug where links did not convert properly in the .pdf file. If you clicked it, you got a 404. I know, I know, I'm getting a bit geeky here, but trust me - this was a major problem for me! I haven't done the show notes for the last 3 shows because of this problem. SO - I was SO HAPPY when I checked it today and the problem is fixed. I can now get the notes done for the last 3 shows.
Today is a good day!
Maybe I'm even ambitious enough to go fill in the blog blanks from the last couple weeks. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment