Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Valentine's Day

 Jim and I mark the beginning of our relationship from our first kiss which was on Valentine's Day in 1993. I counted on my fingers and toes and decided that means we've shared 30 Valentine's Days together. We'd better celebrate right?

Well, we did a good job, even if it was by accident. You see, Jim bought tickets for a Rod Stewart concert. He bought them a couple months ago and it didn't register that the date was Valentine's day. He also neglected to put it on the calendar. Therefore, when I got a notice from Pelican Harbor that, as a regular donor, they were inviting us on a sunset cruise on Valentine's day. That's what I really wanted to do, so we were prepared to forfeit the concert tickets in order to go on the sunset cruise.

But wait, what time are these happening? The cruise, in Miami, is 5-7 and the concert starts at 8. Hmmm, we may be old, but we decided we could do that. If Rod Stewart, at 77, could get up on the stage and perform, we could make the drive and and watch him.

It was a great night with both events.







No comments: