Thursday, March 16, 2023

50 years - plus 2

 I graduated high school in 1971. That makes 2021 my 50 year reunion, but the world was still reeling from Covid that year so it got postponed a bit. They scheduled it for 2023 and it was right after we got home from Indonesia. It was at my good friend, Alex's house in northern Florida. She has a big yard and is a fellow RV with hookups and all. So, we drove the camper van up to her place and stayed in her yard throughout the festivities.




Chris and Arynne who still think they're 17 year old high school besties. She came all the way from California for the Novapalooza!




Looks like trouble! Yes, Jim knows he was not in my high school, but he graduated the same year somewhere else! He fits in with my class peeps just fine.


I look at this photo showing cary writing in his notebook while we're all out to dinner, listening to music by our mutual friend, Mark. I think of what Cary has taught me ... "a writer is someone who writes"

But, I need to write ... right NOW, says Cary

I want to be a writer, so, here goes. 
I'm in a place called Melrose Florida. Why? Because Alex lives here and she has invited me and lots of other folks who she knows primarily thru our high school, to spend the weekend at her house and reminisce about times gone by. 

... that's as far as I got. It is now nearly a year later and I want to bring the blog up to date and get my 2022/23 book printed. I am now taking a different message from this photo of Cary writing ... you gotta write NOW. When the thought or the idea strikes you. It is nearly impossible to write well later. Just like I preach that people need to make their photo albums as-they-go, I need to get better at writing - ask I feel like it. My main method of writing "now" is to use email and send to Blog post. That way I can write NOW - but still massage it and add photos later. 

Anyway, I don't know what more I wanted to say about the Novapalooza, but I do have photo albums.



No comments: