It didn't start the way it was supposed to. When we went to bed the night before we were told the boat would travel overnight to the dive site and the first dive would be at 7:30, but when we woke up and looked out the window, we hadn't moved at all. Don't know why.
 |
| Our bus arrives at the docks at Zucaro |
 |
| Our room is quite nice - including a window, small but o-so-nice to have |
 |
| The bathroom is almost as large as the rest of the room! |
We had breakfast and then the boat got underway. 5 hours later we were at the site and the first dive was at 2:30. We learned that the skiffs used to take divers to the site are docked out here then just travelled the short distance to the Aggressor. Nice big tenders. All our gear was moved on board the tenders and that's where it will stay for the rest of the week. Cool. An easy back roll into the water and we're off and diving! The water was 89 degrees. As soon as we jumped in I saw a school of fish. Definitely more coral and fish life than anywhere else this summer.
 |
| The skiff that ferried us to and from the dive sites with all our equipment staying on board. |
 |
| Backroll into the water from the side of the boat. Nice and Easy. |
As part of our briefing they put a list of sea life on a whiteboard. We each picked one and it was then our job to count them on every dive. Jim picked lobster. He saw 4 on the first dive and none on the second. I picked green moray and have yet to see one. It is now 8pm and I'd love to have a glass of wine and go to bed, but I decided earlier that I would do the night dive. It's been a long time since I've done a night dive and we rested all morning. I can do this! Night dive is 8:45.
 |
| The list of the critters we expected to see and our counts |
YES! I did the night dive and I'm so glad. The warm water made it so comfortable. Plenty of people in the water with lights on so I turned mine off several times. Didn't see much of anything remarkable till near the end … then … the reason for night dives - 🐙 octopus! And she put on a show. Jim got some good video.
No comments:
Post a Comment