Although we do have a couple more dives tomorrow, today was the last full day of diving. And it was a doozy. First off, I slept in and skipped the first dive, finishing my book "The subtle art of not giving a fuck" it's a self help/philosophy book about finding your priorities - what you do give a fuck about. I rather enjoyed it!
Then I got ready and joined Jim in the second dive. Very nice. Decent visibility, lots of spirit fish, a lobster or two and a stingray or two. On the ride back to the main boat we came close to shore and spotted a crocodile! That's a first. Then, on the way back from the second dive we saw an eagle Ray jumping out of the water - a couple times. It was such a gorgeous day : sunshine, blues skies, calm seas. It doesn't get better.
Then my third dive (Jim's fourth) of the day, we saw a huge grouper...a Goliath grouper!
We ditched the wetsuits about day 3 because the water was 89-92 degrees. Just look at this fashion statement:
Three exceptional sights today: crocodile, jumping eagle Ray, and Goliath grouper.
Then a traditional Cuban dinner, ropa vieja, piƱa colada, and a small pasta salad using little tube p pasta with mayonnaise, cheese, ham, and pineapple. I loved it!
Good night
Last Day = one dive in a canyon. Fantastic!!
After we got home, I gave a speech about it to our Earlybird Toastmasters Club. Check it out here: https://youtu.be/yPOKVwfkt10?t=2960.
No comments:
Post a Comment