When we first got on board, the cabin we purchased was under maintenance. They were working on fixing a leak in the shower, so they put us in another cabin just 2 doors down. That was actually a good thing. For our first week we didn't have to worry about unpacking and putting stuff away. We had the suitcases we brought with us on the plane and that's it. It's been a great week with no stuff, just enjoying the ship.
But now we're ready. I'm tired of not knowing where anything is. It's time to move in and put things where they belong.
One of the things we shipped ahead was a simple little folding desk that we measured and figured it would fit where the big blue chair is now. I'm ready - I want my desk.
![]() |
| What we bought on Amazon and had shipped ahead |
Today they said our 'Villa' (that's what they call the cabins on the Villa Vie Odyssey!) was ready. Here's what we saw:
Jim set up my desk and got our custom-made cabinet attached to the wall. We had to put in a work order for someone from VVR (Villa Vie Residences) to take down the wall art that was in the room and put ours up.
Then came the rest of the boxes! Jim is really good at sorting thru stuff and finding a way to 'pack' them in our room. He is much more of a 'nester' than I am.
He even had the forethought (from reading lots of the ship's whatsapp messages) to buy 'bed risers' so we would have the most room for storage under the bed.
And, here is the finished result!
I am finding it such a comfortable work/life area that I don't feel the need to schlep my laptop up to the business center. I even have a second monitor (see this video) and a keyboard drawer!







5 comments:
It looks amazing? Looking at the stuff way up high, I was wondering if your brought one of those little one step stools that folds flat - we always had one in the RV for me and now have two in the house.
You've transformed the space into a real home! It looks so comfortable and welcoming -- not easy to achieve in a relatively small space. Here's wishing you wonderful adventures as you begin your travels around the world. :-)
Looking forward to following you around the world in your new home.
Nope, no step stool. There's nothing really that high. Jim can reach up and touch the ceiling.
Looks cozy...just right, almost like an RV ;)
Post a Comment