Monday, July 07, 2025

Is the bird on fire?

I noticed what looked like the reflection of a flickering campfire on our cabin window. I turned the other way to see what could possibly be making that reflection. Nothing. So I studied it a bit more and decided it was actually a bird flying in the distance. I think it was actually a white bird but it did appear to be in fire. 
An A.I. created approximation of what I saw 

Then I saw it, the blazing sunset on the horizon that was coloring everything in sight, including the bird. 
Then I looked the other direction and saw the brightest rainbow I've ever seen. 

"Jim, get dressed, we gotta go up and look at the sky!" 
In case you're wondering why we were undressed, getting ready for bed at sunset time, realize it's July in Alaska and sunset is about 10:30.
We hurried up the one flight of stairs and out the door to be greeted not only with a spectacular sunset, but probably the most stunning rainbow I've ever seen. And, we weren't the only ones who had been drawn outdoors to witness this celestial masterpiece.





A different vantage point


After viewing the photo of the rainbow, I just couldn't resist trying some enhancements with Google photo's Magic Editor A.I. tool. 
Whaddaya think? If you like it, and you want to learn how to use it, here's my tutorial video: Google Photos Magic Editor



This all happened on July 7 - my Mom's birthday. Gives me chills. Earlier that day I left some of her ashes on a tree in a beautiful cemetery in Icy Strait's Point. She would have had a great view of that sunset!


No comments: