Where I once set the alarm to get up and outside to see when we pulled in to a new port. I now roll over and think, I wish those engines were not so noisy while docking, I still want to sleep.
Where I once thrilled at the thought that I had a stretch class to go to at 8 every morning, it's been more than a week since I've attended.
Where I once thought it was so cool that we have this whole beautiful ship as our home, I am now spending more and more time in our room, sitting at my computer and, maybe I'm even missing our couch a little. I used to love movies - multiple times each week I would watch a movie to relax. Since we've been on board (over 2 months,) I've only watched one movie (Amelia Earhardt - it was good) and I wonder how Jeopardy is going these days. That was our norm back home, to watch Jeopardy every night.
Where I once reveled in the buffet full of fruits and veggies, I've recently taken to special-ordering from the pasta bar, and I've also succumbed to the always-available ice cream.
In my defense - we have been busy in port after port lately: San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver. The travel is fantastic! And, I guess that's the main reason we're doing this right?
Some people develop routines and then stick to those routines, making sure they get the exercise class in and eat the same breakfast, for example. I've always been anti-routine, but maybe it's time.
This certainly is a completely new life style - I'm still learning how to adjust.
I love the challenge! Taking it one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment