Sunday, July 27, 2025

Settling in and Taking Off

What a great day today was! Did we see some wonderful wildlife? Go for a beautiful hike? Enjoy a fun party with new friends? 
Nope. 





I was in our cabin all day except for meals when I just sat with Jim. 
I started the day a bit stressed. It's Sunday - show day. Episode 305 - tech tips and travel tales. Last week we did a live stream and the WiFi died on us part way thru. We kept recording and started a new stream - it was bad. So it was with great trepidation that we prepared to go live today. And, it was stressful also due to an earlier start time. we changed our timing to 10am because Jim has rehearsal at our normal time of 2 (more on that later) Then ... The show went great! Not one hiccup in the WiFi, my tips were good, the travel tale was about Anchorage and our spectacular flightseeing. We had lots of live viewers and engagement because it was our old, normal time. We had people all over the globe - from Hawaii to Germany. See the whole episode here: Show305: Search Secrets and Mountain Flying
Then we celebrated with our normal champagne and had wine with lunch - so I napped afterward. 😊
Then I had to start preparing for another presentation tomorrow, so back to the computer I go. After his rehearsal, Jim was also back at his computer with lots of video editing to do. We are quite content and comfy in our cabin, doing our computer work.




When we took a break for dinner, I was perfectly happy to sit at a table for 2, not trying to look around for others. 
Content and relaxed. I like that feeling. Just because we're in a new situation with so many cool people doesn't mean I have to be sociable all the time. I'm more introverted that it may appear. I love being sociable but I need my quiet, alone time. And I need to feel that I have accomplished something, created something. 
Jim is actually the more outgoing of the two of us. How perfect that he can go play with others while I stay in the room. A group on board is producing a radio/reading play of the Maltese Falcon. He auditioned and got a part. How fun is that! 
So yes, today was a great day and I didn't beat myself up for not being sociable. I'm settling in.
Today was also the first day of the real world tour. We left Kodiak Alaska yesterday and that was the last day in the USA. And we won't be back for 3 years. This is where our new lifestyle gets real. I'm so glad we had these first 3 months in familiar territory to settle in to the ship. 

The Ship at anchor in Kodiak

Bye Bye USA






No comments: