We left Albuquerque yesterday and drove several hours in the general direction of Iowa - our next destination. We found a great little State Park called
UTE Lake, in Logan, New Mexico. Only problem is that we were out of range of *any* Verizon tower, and there was certainly no Wi-Fi.
It's official ... I miss my Internet Satellite Dish! More on that later.
It's about noon the following day now and we're in Oklahoma, traveling NorthEast. Still no Verizon signal thru the rest of New Mexico and thru the little corner of Texas on highway 54. As soon as we saw sufficient signal on our phones, we pulled over at a rest area to check email, knowing that there were probably some new Geeks on Tour members from The Rally trying to get in touch with us.
All is well, but don't believe anyone who tells you that their cellular Internet connection works *everywhere.* :-)
4 comments:
Chris and Jim, It was so good to finally get to say hello in person. I did get to make it to two of your seminars and even tho I have joined your web site and watched a lot of your vidios, I still learned quite a bit. You both do such a great job. You told me why you were headed for Iowa and good luck with that adventure. When we were crossing south Texas on our way to Alburquerque, we were without Verizon service for 2 days......I was haveing withdrawel. Thanks for saving me the vidios and not mailing them, haven't had much of a chance to work with them yet, but we are sitting for a week in Cortz, CO so should have time now. Love reading your post, safe travels.
Alicia
If you did have your "Satellite Dish" you probly would have been FAP'D or the weather would have screwd it up or the modem wasn't working properly OR...I liked when they tell me to put my TONGUE on the cable!!??...sorry but they cost me a business and Thousands of dollars and LOTS of frustration! I would hate to see anyone go through that kind of non-sense!
Jim,
I too have a Datastorm that I am considering replacing with Verizon. What percentage of time do you NOT have a verizon connection when traveling?
Hector
Please write a post about why you no longer have satellite internet. We've been consider buying a satellite system for our RV, but they are expensive, and we haven't been sure it would be worth it. It seemed like you were once very gung-ho about your dish, so I'd sure like to know what changed.
Post a Comment