Four states in one day – and they weren’t small states either! We usually limit ourselves to 200 miles/day, but Jim just wanted to drive and get to our next destination. We started in New Mexico, then just cut thru one corner of the Texas panhandle, a very short distance across the Oklahoma panhandle, then we (I mean Jim) drove quite a ways in Kansas.
Except for a few sections that just about jarred every joint loose – 54 was a pretty good road. We left the desert behind us, and started seeing green hills near Wichita, Kansas.
Our celebration was short-lived as we woke up to a scary storm in the middle of the night. Pounding rain, 60mph gusts, and constant lightning strikes made me wish we were back in the desert! I swear I felt the motorhome lift up during some of the gusts. I started calling Odie – Toto.
Here’s a sign from earlier in the day:
2 comments:
Thanks for the signage. I love signs!
Four states, eh? That's a lot of moving for one day. Then real weather?
Hope you get some rest.
Mike
It sounds like you need some 'Ruby Red Slippers'
I like a good storm myself, makes me sleep like a baby...
Stay safe.
krs2fer
Post a Comment