Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dinner and a Movie

I love watching movies, and it just makes sense to combine a group dinner with a movie night. I've been thinking about Cioppino for several days. Ever since the group of us were talking about great places to eat in this country of ours and I voted for Mo's in Newport Oregon. If you ever want to get your appetite in high gear, get a group of RVers talking about great places to eat. Because our 'neighborhood' restaurants are anywhere on the entire continent! Anyway, I made a big pot of seafood Cioppino - not as good as Mo's, it's tough to get fresh seafood in Gravity, Iowa! But - I've found if you put enough Sherry in it, nobody notices! Jim set up for movie night. Notice that we're using our evaluation projector - the tiny BenQ Joybee - still putting it through it's paces. That little tripod you see it on is ours - it makes a great little stand for the Joybee. Just hook the Joybee up to a laptop computer and play a movie DVD in the computer. If you have a nice white wall, you don't even need a screen. Speakers are built in to the projector. What movie did this gathering at the church watch? Why, Alices' Restaurant ... the movie by Arlo Guthrie about Ray and Alice, who bought an old church in Housatonic, Massachusetts and invited all their friends to Thanksgiving Dinner at the church. What a kick!
Further your computer education **Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletter**

3 comments:

Chris said...

That's funny.... Alice's Restaurant is the perfect movie for you guys to watch while. I watched the movie last week and though about you guys.

Chris Guld said...

Hey Chris ... it was your comment a few posts ago that started me thinking about it .. then I discovered that Lynne and John actually had the DVD!

LoveANewIdea said...

Just around the corner from me! Arlo Guthrie now owns the old Trinity Church in Gt. Barrington - now called the Guthrie Center. The last I saw, he still has his long hair, although it's white now.