One of the most enjoyable parts of going to a rally is just to walk around, look at all the RVs, meet people and socialize. Well ... it rained all week here at the Escapade in Sedalia, Missouri. The only socializing going on would be indoors, and for me at least, the rain even put a damper on that. The biggest attraction was to watch the RVs get pulled out of the mud :-(
The rally was over yesterday, and today it is sunny and gorgeous! Oh well ... we all know how much good it does to complain about the weather?!
We did have a good time at our seminars. A little over 100 people came to our Internet on the Road Seminar and a little under 200 attended Managing Digital Photos with Picasa. When we present seminars - we both are a part of the presentation. Some topics are Jim's - like the Internet one; and some are mine - like Picasa. Jim says I'm much too serious when I'm the main presenter. hmmmm ... he's right. I am so intent on covering a lot of material, it's hard to lighten up as much as he does. Here's a minute of video on the Internet seminar to show you what I mean - we do have fun. I also had the video camera on during my Picasa presentation - but unfortunately (or fortunately?) it didn't come out! Actually, we're a good team, he keeps it lighthearted, I keep it on track so we cover lots of valuable material.
When we weren't giving a seminar, we were in our booth. Although we did relieve each other once or twice during the week so we could visit someone else's seminar! I went to see Mike and Terri Church present one of their Travel seminars. What a wealth of information they have. If you want to RV to Alaska, Mexico, the American Southwest or Pacific Northwest - be sure to get one of their books first. That way, you won't miss anything. Between our friends, the Gundys, and now the Church's - we're starting to formulate a possible plan of RVing to Alaska next summer.
Alaska, that sounds good. That would be like going back home to you wouldn't it Chris? Have you been seeing any people with "netbooks" showing up at your seminars? I see where AT&T are selling them now..
Alaska, Mmmmmm, I like the sound of that trip. Stay safe..
My hubby and I attended two of your seminars at the RV Rally in ABQ. I don't agree with your hubby that you are too serious. I liked your style and learned at lot.
3 comments:
Alaska, that sounds good. That would be like going back home to you wouldn't it Chris?
Have you been seeing any people with "netbooks" showing up at your seminars?
I see where AT&T are selling them now..
Alaska, Mmmmmm, I like the sound of that trip.
Stay safe..
It was great being with you guys before and at Escapade. Travel safe!
My hubby and I attended two of your seminars at the RV Rally in ABQ. I don't agree with your hubby that you are too serious. I liked your style and learned at lot.
Post a Comment