Friday, May 22, 2009

Higginsville ... Pleasantville

Green grass, birds singing, warm weather, no wind, people jogging in the park, kids playing baseball ... I know we're in Higginsville, Missouri but it sure feels like Pleasantville.

I went into town and got a haircut - always an experience. I've learned to take a photo with me of past good hairdays since I'm always at someplace new ... it doesn't seem to do much good though. At least it's out of my eyes now! On the way home I went grocery shopping at Piggly Wiggly ... where did they get that name?! Jim washed the rig - it looks a lot better without the blanket of bugs and grime, but now I can see the corrosion spots even worse. I asked Nick and Terry to look at it and see if they had any ideas of how to fix it. "Yes!" They said ... they did have an idea.

"Get a new motorhome."

bummer ... I love this motorhome. My way of fixing it is just to think about something else

ahhh dinner time.

Jim put some chicken on the grill and Terry made potato salad and some delicious banana nut bread. I'm not kidding - this is Pleasantville.

Further your computer education **Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletter**

1 comment:

BE YOUR BEST said...

I live here. I went to the walking trail and saw your interesting looking RV. It's great that you find this town pleasant and so do I. I bet you two have great immune systems and no blood pressure problems. What a way to live.

go to lafayettecountyjuneteenth.blogspot.com and check out our upcoming event. Maybe you'll be still in town. The event will be at the park. If you like flea markets or want to meet a nice guy, go to Danny's Deals at 19th & Main. There are a lot of nice people in this town.