Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Allergies in Orlando

I had asthma as a kid. My parents even had to take me to the emergency room a few times when I really couldn't breathe. I generally grew out of it, until I was 40 and it came back with a vengeance. I was allergic to something at my house. It was so bad that I would sleep on the floor at the office rather than go home.
I found an allergist at the time who was very special. He was a homeopathic practitioner. He tested me for dozens of allergens and discovered several food related problems as well as some airborne allergies. He created a concoction for me combining tiny amounts of each allergen. This was a liquid which I would drop under my tongue. 
The idea is to expose yourself to the allergen and build up resistance. It was amazing! After about 6 months to a year I was completely cured. No asthma at all.
Where I used to always have a rescue inhaler within reach, I spent over 20 years not even owning one.
Until now.


I don't know if it is Orlando, the motorhome, or the weather, but this is the second time we've come up to Orlando in the last few months, stayed in the rv and I've had raging allergies. Sniffling, sneezing, itchy eyes, and wheezing asthma. Sleepless nights and miserable days. Jim is sneezing a lot too, it's not just me.


It seems to be worse when I'm inside the motorhome, which makes me more inclined to want to sell and get a smaller rig. 
Come to think of it, when I was 40 and had that bad asthma at my house is around the time I met Jim and moved in with him. Divine intervention pushing me to pleasant results? 

No comments: