Day 4 was rainy. We were in Hilo and Jim and I separated for the day. I went with arynne and Terra. Arynne friend Lizby lives in Hilo and drove us around. Jim stayed with Devon and Jo and took the volcano tour. We both got quite wet.
Even in these miserable conditions I loved the scenery. Rainbow falls is so classic with lush surroundings, and we spent the most time at a botanical garden ... Just WOW. And since it was a rainforest, it seemed appropriate to see it in the rain. 🌈
Then we went to lunch at the Booch Bar. Like a brewery, I got a 'flight' of kombucha.
My friend, Johanna, and her husband, Bill, met me for lunch and caught me up on their lives. Johanna and I went to grade school together in Alaska. They've been living in Pahoa, just outside of Hilo for 11 years now. Her passion is her dog, IPO and going to nose training. Bill has a website for his photography tbfphoto.com
They drove me back to the ship after a drive around Liliokualani Park and a photo op
No comments:
Post a Comment