Our cruise ship next stop was in Hilo Hawaii. We were late, which meant that the people who were trying to get off the ship were backed up by at least and hour. AND it was raining. But we persevered and got off the ship to a waiting car driven by Arynne's friend Lizby.
She drove us thru town and on to the Rainbow Waterfalls. Beautiful.
Then a tropical drive to the botanical gardens that are so beautiful we hardly even noticed that it was raining. Yeah, right. Those flimsy ponchos don't do shit. We got soaked. And there were so many trails, one of us took one trail and another took another. How are we going to meet up? But we did. The gardens were so beautiful that we hardly noticed the rain. Besides, it's a rain forest right? It should be raining!
![]() |
| Look at the size of those leaves! |
While I went touring with the girls, Jim, Devon and Jo Ellen went on the Volcano tour.
![]() |
| I think I had the better rainy-day tour, in the rainforest! They're supposed to be seeing the Kilauea crater here. |
Next up was the Booch Bar in Hilo. Did you know there is such a thing as a flight of kombucha?
I had previously arranged to meet up with Johanna and her husband Bill, who live near Hilo. I haven't seen Johanna since we were in grade schools together in Anchorage Alaska.
Here we are - over 60 years later!









No comments:
Post a Comment