Sunday, January 07, 2024

On the ship

Our Hawaii Cruise for Jim's 70th Birthday - everyone was invited!


Saturday went smoothly. We had a delicious breakfast in the hotels cafe, then relaxed in our hotel room till check out time at noon. Catching up on emails etc. We met up with Jo and Devon downstairs, and also Gail West! I waited to call the Uber until we're all on the sidewalk ready to go. It arrives in 1 minute!
Then we're at the ship, drop off our luggage, check in and get our shell necklace leis. Very little waiting on lines. We go straight to the bar to wait for our room. Then lunch at the buffet and our room is ready. I'm so glad we got a balcony. 



At 6 we met up with our group for meet and greet. It was fun hearing everyone's story - no one was shy. I was sure upset with myself though because I didn't take any photos. I also didn't ask about people's plans for the week. A real missed opportunity to learn from each other.



Sunday was a free day for us. Late morning we decided to exit the ship and walk around. It was a futile effort. First, the exit involved about a half mile of walking a corridor of barbed wire. It felt like prison. Then we discovered the botanical gardens we're closed on Sunday. The only place to visit was Longs Drugs. So we just walked back. We did find a little Beach on the way to our our feet in the ocean and take a photo.



Back on the ship it's time for the pool deck. Ahhh, this is the life. When we get hungry we find something to eat. At 3:30 a dolphin game is on. It's always fun to watch football in a bar situation with people cheering their teams. The day was topped off with a great Polynesian show.





During the day I worked about the next day ..  checking on our dinner reservation in a long line at guest services, and coming up with various ways for all 14 of us to get transported to the whale watching spot.

No comments: