Thursday, August 25, 2005

Fort Lauderdale again

Sorry to leave you hanging with that last post about the airline strike ... our flight had no problems whatsoever - we made it back to Fort Lauderdale safe and sound on Saturday evening. Mom and Lynne and John picked us up at the Miami airport. Then we met up with Chris, Richard and Jo Ellen at one of our favorite watering holes - Billabong's. What fun. On Sunday we did a little geocaching - found a cache right down the street at the park with an army tank in it. I remember when they brought that tank to the park - it was a big deal to the neighborhood. We lived in a house just a couple blocks away. It is such a nice little park too. This is the lake that Odie and I went on our 'accidental swim' about 4 years ago. Not real brilliant are we? Sunday afternoon, we had group boat dive with Kayuba dive club. We went with South Florida Dive Headquarters on the Safari Diver out of Hillsboro Inlet. It was a gorgeous day! The underwater visibility was about 70 feet. Very unusual for South Florida - I felt like I was in the Caribbean. We saw lots of tropical fish, beautiful coral, moray eels, and squid. But no lobsters :-( And that was Lynne and John's last chance since they hit the road again the next day. They're headed for Wisconsin. We'll be watching your Blog guys!

No comments: