Friday, August 26, 2005
Looking for Power
Hurricane Katrina blew threw last night and we don't have any electricity now. It's always amazing how we take power for granted - our ELS (electronic life support). Of course, in a motorhome we have the luxury of having our own generator ... but there's one minor detail. You have to have more than a quarter tank of gas in order for the generator to work ... and, that's right ... we have just one quarter.
Most of the gas stations in the area are also without power so they're no help. So we're going on a mini-road trip looking for gas so we can have power. The hurricane hit almost directly on Fort Lauderdale - that never happens! We always count on it veering away at the last minute. So, we stayed put. It made quite a racket and blew down some tree limbs, but no real damage. The wind actually kinda rocked us to sleep. We have no levelers or stabilizers, the motorhome is just sitting on its tires .. so it bounces when blown.
I wanted to post a little note here - so I'm using Jim's laptop running on battery, and I'm using our Verizon cellphone with Mobile Office for the Internet connection.
Where there's a will there's a way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jim & Chris,
Glad to see that you survived the hurricane.Hope you have your power back.
I live in Naples and I kind of thought you might be waiting out the storm over here.
Now that you have been in Florida for two months what are your plans for the next couple of months?
Post a Comment