Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Historic Day

Since we came back from Peace River, I just haven't had much to talk about. We're working on getting a couple seminars scheduled at Thousand Trails, Orlando - so we'll roll the wheels again soon. And, there's an Escapees rally here locally next week - we won't take the RV, but we're going to go check out happy hour! But, mostly we're just like normal landlubbers - working and visiting with family and friends. And, of course, watching the inauguration yesterday ... I never thought I'd see the day. I'm not talking about a day when a black man became president of the United States. I'm talking about the day that millions of Americans were motivated to get out and cheer for something good. I just didn't think we were a people who did that. It warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I came of age in the 60-70s. We gathered occasionally, but only to protest the bad, not to cheer the good. The only 'cool' way to be was cynical and negative - or just not care at all. I thought that was characteristic of being American. I thought that was the intelligent way to be. I think I like this new us. We can get more done when we're moving in the same direction instead of fighting each other. Or maybe I'm just feeling what it's like being on the 'IN' side instead of the 'OUT.' ? To see what the day was like actually being there, check out Elliott Masie's blog. I wrote about Elliott in the past blog post. (I do love blogs!) And, talk about a historic day and a great blog. Go take a look at George's blog for yesterday ... he went flying in an Ultralight over the Mexican beach where he is living in his RV. He shares it with us thru a video. What fun. You GO George!
Further your computer education **Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletter**

1 comment:

paulsharol said...

we shall see how the new president will be we have to wish him good luck he has his hands full