Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Paddling the Peace River

One of my very favorite things to do!  We’ve been paddling the Peace River long before we got an RV or learned of Thousand Trails.  In fact, it was one of the first things Jim and I did when we first met.  Back then, we’d take canoes and we’d camp overnight on the river – now we just drive a couple miles up the road from the Thousand Trails campground and then paddle/float a couple hours.  There’s many Peace River visits that we don’t go paddling – either the water level is too low, or the weather is bad, or we’re just lazy.  I think we made an extra effort this time because my Mom is with us.

 

I’m so glad we did!  It was beautiful.

 

 

 

 

When I realized mom had a Thousand Trails hat on – I told her to put it backwards – thinking it might make a good promo photo :-)  Makes her look like a little kid!

 

These are cypress knees.

 

And spanish moss

 

After the paddle, there was still a little light left to walk the nature trail with a glass of wine and watch the almost full moon rise.

 

 

1 comment:

Ronald said...

Chris Did you ever go searching for prehistoric shark teeth in the Peace River? We went just below the bridge and found a bunch and had a good time. drron