Thursday, July 26, 2018

10 Days, 3 National Parks

Once the FMCA rally was over on July 22, we're on vacation! Our next "gig" isn't until August 27 in Shawnee, Oklahoma. That's a little over 1,000 miles - 3 days of driving - and we have 35 days to get there! I know I'm short-changing these 10 days by lumping them together into one blog post, but I'm writing this in the middle of August and so much more has happened, if I don't get something written quickly, I may never get it in here at all! In the 10 days after FMCA, we visited Devils Tower, Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons.

First stop Devil's Tower

We were there once before, in our first year on the road - 2004. It's a magical place and we've always wanted to go back. We rarely backtrack, but it was only one hour back east from where we were in Gillette, and we weren't expected at our next stop in Yellowstone for 3 days, so ...

We took advantage of lots of walking paths and even got up for sunrise and walked all the way out to the east of the tower for some great views. I even thought ahead and downloaded the movie "Close Encounters of a Third Kind" while we had good Internet back in Gillette. I bought it from Netflix and downloaded it to my iPad so we could watch it even without any connection while in Devils Tower park. It was so fun to watch that movie about Devils Tower and be able to look out our window and see the real thing.


I can't do it, I can't lump all 3 national park trips together :-) Here's a video where I put together everything we did in Wyoming, but then I'll write separate posts for Yellowstone and Grand Tetons.






Further your computer education**Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletters**

Watch our Weekly Online Show on Learning Smartphones and Tablets!

No comments: