Thursday, November 26, 2009

Work or Play?

I really do need to write in here more often.  Once 3 days goes by – then I feel overwhelmed and I don’t know what to write about – so I don’t.  It’s so much easier when we’re on the road and each day is it’s own separate event.  When we’re parked, the days all seem to run into each other – and so much of what we do doesn’t seem ‘bloggable.’ 

 

What I want to tell you about is Monday.  We tried to go kayak diving on Sunday (it’s the closest thing to church that we do) but it was too windy.  Monday morning, we woke up to a perfectly calm day … here’s how the conversation went:

Jim: “We should go diving.”

Me: “No, we have too much work to do.”

Jim: “Which is more important? Work or diving?”

Me: “Work, because it’s what allows us to pay for our lifestyle.” I said, unconvincingly

Jim: “We can work anytime. When conditions are right, we need to go diving.”

 

hmmmm … I think he’s right.  We went diving.  The ocean was perfect – see video below.  I still felt guilty though – we so often choose play over work.  So, if our newsletter is a little late, or you can’t get all our Picasa videos yet because we haven’t uploaded them to the right webpage, or you’re a website client still waiting for the finished product, or we haven’t answered your email, or …  well – you’ll know why.

 

I don’t think Jim feels guilty at all … do men not have the ‘guilt gene?’

 

4 comments:

Bill K said...

Kind of hard to see the video when it says it is private. LOL

Bill Kelleher

Anonymous said...

I know that Picasa is capable of printing a 2x2 passport size photo, but does it have a template for getting that critical image size measured from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head (including hair) of not less than 1 inch and not more than 1 3/8 inches? I did a search and could not find a Picasa template...

Regards,
Illinois Snowbird

Anonymous said...

I have to comment on this one....
play is the must!! without it you forget so many things, how to breath (like under water) breath in the smell of friends when you get to hug them, breath in the trees or salt spray or leaves or hot sun on dry rocks (all with eyes shut)to just breath in and out slowly.... so you don't forget.

Michael Lockridge said...

Our shore breaks here in Santa Cruz aren't so gentle. I guess that is why it is called "punching out."

We have an entire culture here that works based on surf conditions. A woodworker I know got into that business just because it allowed surf-related flexibility.

So don't feel guilty. Get wet!

Oh, and the guilt gene is recessive in most males. It's from all of that hunting and fishing and slaughtering animals.

Mike