Thursday, March 03, 2011

Hotels, Facebook, Rennaisance Faire

Last week I checked into a hotel for a few days.  No, I'm not mad at Jim!  I use hotel stays for working retreats.  It's getting harder and harder to do my recording work in the RV.  Especially when I have a new topic like Facebook.  I use Facebook every day, but designing a seminar to teach it is not easy!  Facebook is so many things to so many people.  I pride myself on being able to simplify computer topics in my 'Show-Me-How' videos.  I need to focus 110% for extended periods in order to get on the right track.  I find that it really helps me focus when I have an environment with NO distractions (and a hot tub helps too :-).  So, I stayed at La Quinta nearby for 3 nights and I got 13 videos done!  I feel great about that ... but, for Facebook, I think I've just made a dent in what there is to teach.  I haven't uploaded any of the videos yet, but when I do, I'll post a link on our Facebook page for a free sample.  You can follow us on Facebook by clicking 'Like' on the Facebook section in the right sidebar here, or go to Geeks on Tour on Facebook.

Then it was time for some play.  The Renaissance Festival is in town ... I love that.  I've been going to Renaissance Faires since my friend Arynne started selling her Ancient Charms at them in California in the 80s!



Mom and Jim at Renaissance Festival Entrance.  Gorgeous Day!



Our friend Donovan (Emily's SO) He makes Catskill Mountain Moccasins.

Watch out for the Dragons!


Further your computer education**Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletter**

2 comments:

Jeff & Barbie said...

The furry, four-legged dragon is way too cute !

Emily said...

Nah, it's Donovan that's way too cute.