Friday, August 06, 2004

Back at the Coast Yes, I'm behind, I know. Sorry. We've been workin'! Yes, today was actually a FULL workday. I haven't had one of those in years! I just don't know how to react. We presented two seminars today. You can see our complete schedule here. The first one was the basic 'How to use Wi-Fi' that we've presented a couple times already. Jim presents that one while I 'drive' the computer. We have the material down, but there was this slight little problem that the Internet connection happened to be down for the entire park today! Hey, if you have any experience with computer presentations, you're accustomed to having a 'backup' plan. Meaning you have a slide show with screen shots of 'what it's supposed to look like'! We had a good crowd too. Then the second seminar was mine, 'Know your Computer'. This is a very basic seminar for users of Windows XP. It's the first time I gave the seminar and I was up half the night preparing the material. An interesting twist ... since most RVers have laptop computers, they go ahead and bring the computers along when they attend a seminar. This can turn it into a 'hands-on' class. Much like I taught for 14 years at Computer Savvy. Hands-on takes a LOT longer, and it's a lot more work than a presentation ... we might have to rethink this one. People loved it though, they paid $30 each for this seminar and walked away saying "I sure got my money's worth." Cool! Oh, have I mentioned that we're on the Oregon Coast? A town called Newport. We haven't traveled too far lately. We were in Tillamook, then went to Salem where we spent a week, then drove here to Newport where we expect to spend another week. It's COLD here! This morning was the worst, in the 50s with rain and wind!! Reminds me of the Mark Twain quote, "The coldest winter I ever spent was one summer in San Francisco." I know we're not in San Francisco, but it's this Pacific fog that does the trick. It was a beautiful drive here yesterday thru the coastal mountain range and the beautiful forests. You know what forests mean? Logging trucks. Then we arrived at Pacific Shores RV Resort. Fancy place! Beautiful views of the ocean!

No comments: