Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Settled in Yesterday was pretty uneventful, and today too - but I couldn't let another day go by without posting something! Jim's been running around helping people with their Wi-Fi connections which gives me the motorhome all to myself! I can devote 100% of my attention on my computer and web-work. The best part of working on the Internet is all the people on the Internet willing to help - there is SO much to learn. Two solid days, sitting at the computer for at least 10 hours each, and I've just put a little dent in the work I need to do. I should have at least one more day - we'll see how far I can get. Meanwhile, we will have been here a week tomorrow and we haven't been down to the beach yet!! We've walked along the edge of the cliff, but haven't climbed down. Maybe tomorrow if it warms up a bit. It's been 60 degrees, wet and windy. I only ventured out today to soak in the jacuzzi! The sun did come out for a little while yesterday. Here's a photo of a guy on a Segway. That's the device invented by genius entrepreneur Dean Kamen. He's one of our heroes, and Jim wants a Segway. This guy says he rides it in the woods on the dirt trail, on the beach and over rocks. It doesn't look all that special, but it is (and costs about $3500.) You can stand on it as comfortably as standing on land. To move, you just lean in the direction you want to move. If you step off of it, it stays upright just as you see it here. What a perfect vehicle for running around an RV park! The only other place I saw one was in one of the big casinos in Atlantic City - another great application. If you look in the background of this photo, you can just see the fog bank hanging out over the ocean. Most of the time, that fog has been blanketing the entire coastal region, making it look like this: Notice the flag on the golf course - that's a cold wind blowing that straight out.

No comments: