Monday, September 25, 2006
Crazy Eights
I'm really good at the card game, Crazy Eights. It's been years since I've played, I don't even remember the rules ... something about 8's being wild cards. I like wild cards! All I remember is that I usually won. So, I figure it's a good omen that our odometer turned 88,888 today! When we bought the motorhome, it read: 53,594. That's 35,294 miles we've put on it. Sounds like a lot, but given the fact that it's been over 3 years - that's less than 1,000/month!
We started out today on the Chesapeake Bay at Pru's. We took a walk and admired the peace and beauty.
Then it was time to go. We wouldn't recommend driving a big rig on these roads.
Then we headed north to the D.C. 'beltway' and around the north side, heading to highway 70 west in Maryland. Aren't green rolling hills inviting?
We parked at a campground right next to the Patomac river and the C & O Canal National Historic Park. We thought this would be a great start to our biking career since this is the grandaddy of all 'Rails to Trails'. *thanx Glenn for reminding us* What we didn't count on is the *rough* trail from the campground to the paved bicycle trail. We didn't make it - but at least we have a picture to show we tried.
Maybe we'll try again in the morning.
g'night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment