Sunday, September 10, 2006

Homeless

We took the motorhome to a Ford dealer today to get it checked out. We've been hearing some grinding noises and Jim noticed uneven wear on the front tires. Ouch. What they found is a need for new ball joints and two new front tires. There goes one RV unit ($1,000) Well, we haven't had any maintenance expenses in a while. And, I kinda liked that. I'm glad we're able to get it done before getting back on the road though. You don't want the front end coming apart on the highway. Staying here as long as we have (3+ weeks) means we've been able to take care of some necessary tasks. We've had 3 mail deliveries, got Odie groomed, motorhome maintenance, motorhome rearrangement (more about that later) and I got in the local clinic for my annual checkup. Meanwhile, our home is in the shop. Luckily, Jimmy has a few spare bedrooms, so we're perfectly comfortable. And, we got my computer out and brought it into the house. We should have the motorhome back sometime tomorrow. I finally put together a video from when Jim and I went 'Tubing'. Jimmy's friend Rob took the video while Jimmy ran the boat.

3 comments:

AnneDiver said...

Hey Jim and Chris,
Looks like you are having a great time, what fun, we miss you guys...we are at Zion, going to Las Vegas in 4 days...keep the super photos and writeups coming.
Anne and Norm

AnneDiver said...

Hi Jim and Chris,
Great Photos and write up, we love reading your blog! We are in Zion and going to Las Vegas in 4 days...
Anne and Norm

Chris Guld said...

Hey Anne and Norm! Oh Boy! Zion, our favorite. Actually all of Southern Utah is simply scrumptious. Love your photos. Looks like your maiden RV voyage is proving very successful.
Chris