Monday, February 04, 2008

Sleepless Night

As of bedtime last night, Odie still had not eaten or drunk any water. He was getting pretty lethargic as well. I planned to be waiting at the Vet's door when they open at 8am today. I kept getting up to just put my hand on him and check that he was breathing. I got up for good about 5am, and he seemed a little perkier. So, I tried giving him some water - no good. But, he would eat a little of the canned food I got from the Vet yesterday. Hooray! Then I got smart and mixed a spoonful of food with some water! He ate it. Whew. I think he's going to be OK after all. I'm going to watch him for a while longer before taking him to the Vet now. It's not that I won't spend the money ... I'd spend a thousand dollars on Odie if I knew it was the right thing to do. But, once you get to the Vet's they are obligated to poke and probe and give him medications when, maybe the best thing is for him to stay home and rest.
Further your computer education
**Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletter**

1 comment:

Judy said...

Had to check tonight to see if Odie was feeling better and it sounds as if he is. Poor baby. I also have a miniature poodle and it breaks my heart when he's not feeling well. Thankfully he doesn't get sick very often. Jazz says to tell Odie "get well soon."