Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Need More Last Minutes

Six months is the longest we've been parked anywhere since we started this adventure. We got here the first week of October and we're leaving on Sunday. We did have a few trips for rallies, which was nice. I'm in a bit of a funk - not sadness for leaving, but rather guilt for not having used the time to the best advantage. We said we were going to play a lot of pickleball and get in shape. We played 3 or 4 times. We said we were going to go with the hiking club every Friday and get in shape. We hiked 3 or 4 times. I think that's why I like staying places one month or less. When the time is that short, you have no choice but to make the most of it. There are a lot more 'last minutes' when you have short stays. As I mentioned in my last post - I need 'last minutes' to motivate me. We were also disappointed in the turnouts, and therefore income, for our seminars here. There were a few that had 20-30 people. But there were more that had only 5 or 6. I'm not sure why that was - maybe the other people here are playing picklebal and going hiking and golfing rather than sitting at their computers?! This last week people have been coming out of the woodwork asking for Jim's 'Computer Cleanup' service. He charges $99 to do a routine maintenance. If he'd had this many customers all year, we'd have plenty of money! Well, speaking of the last minute ... gotta go. I have my weekly article to write for RV.net's blog, and I have to prepare for a presentation on Microsoft Word 2007 for the Computer Club here.
Further your computer education
**Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletter**

No comments: