Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Internet on the Road: FMCA Magazine Article

I did it! I got published! I've written a lot on computer topics, but, other than a few articles in WordPerfect magazine back in the 80s, it's all been self-published on the web. There's definitely something to be said for being able to touch and feel the results of your work. It makes me feel good to know that a magazine with 300,000 subscribers values my writing. Even better has been some of the reader comments that the magazine has passed along to me:

Your "Internet To Go" article by Chris Guld in the March 2008 issue is one of the very best written, understood and most informative of any article ever placed in the magazine and I have been reading every issue since 1983. Most persons of my age are certainly not computer experts and we appreciate help written in carefully chosen words we can understand and put to use. I learned many valuable points about access to the internet. Thanks to Chris Guld and to you for printing this article.

Gary V Tulsa, OK

You can read the whole article on the magazine's website. Be prepared, it's kinda long :-) I was quite impressed that they didn't cut anything out. The only thing I was disappointed about is that they didn't use any of my photos. I thought this one of Diane and Andy was really nice for showing RVers using computers.
Further your computer education **Subscribe to the Free Geeks on Tour Newsletter**

5 comments:

Froggi Donna said...

Way to go, Chris!!! I remember my first print article....and the excitement. That never changes. Well done!

Froggi Donna said...

I am so jealous....once again I am absolutely blown away by the photos and the beauty of the area. Keep it up!! (Waiting anxiously for the tshirts!)

Glenn said...

Congrats Chris!!!! Well Done...how exciting!!!

TiogaRV said...

Hi Chris,

That is such wonderful news! I am soooooooo happy for you!

Your friend,
George

Debby with a Y said...

Way to go Chris! I hope you will be back in Fort Lauderdale soon, I want to talk with you about getting a teeny RV for weekend travels!