Saturday, May 04, 2013

May the Fourth be with You

“Star Wars Day” seemed an auspicious start to our summer travels!  Clouds in the sky and bugs on the windshield. We're on the road!
Lots of changes this time.  Mostly good. We have new tires on the RV and we're towing a new car.
We made a decision to leave our kayaks in Fort Lauderdale. We didn't have a chance till try the roof rack, and we never use them that much anyway.  Lastly, we may fly home sometime during the summer and then the kayaks would be there for scuba diving.

Starting out May 2013 with new car - Lookin' good
First night on the road at 3 Flags in Wildwood, fl. Tomorrow night is Florida caverns state park.
On our way to Colorado springs for the rvsef conference.  See RvSafety.com

Sad Stuff: It was a pretty quiet drive because, if I tried to talk, all I could do was sob. It feels so sad to not have Odie with us. After all, we were Odie’s Roadies … now we’re just roadies. It was also very hard for me to leave Mom. She so enjoys having me visit. At her level of Alzheimers she doesn’t really know where I am, but she still recognizes me and is happy in the moment when I’m with her.  I didn’t say I’m going away for the summer – I just said, “See you later.”

No comments: