Friday, May 03, 2013

The UN-Bloggable Life

For the last few weeks we’ve been doing those mundane things that need to get done and are not very exciting.  We usually try to do something Blog-worthy at least once a week, but even that hasn’t happened this time. 

We’re ready to hit the road tomorrow, so here’s a recap of the past couple weeks.  On the way home, we had a flat tire on the RV and decided we needed 6 new tires – that was Jim’s job.  See our Geeks on Tour Newsletter for a little more detail on that!

Mom had several dentist/doctor appointments – that kept me busy several days.  Then Jim and I had our own dentist/doctor appointments to attend to.

We got a new car and gave the old one to Devon.  I think this is going to work out well.  We got another Honda CRV, since the old one worked so well.  We bought a 2007 from CarMax – same place we bought the last one.

New car color matches the RV much better!
New car color matches the RV much better!

 

We really enjoy attending our Toastmasters group when we’re in town. 

Jim and Chris at Earlybird Toastmasters in Fort Lauderdale
Jim and Chris at Earlybird Toastmasters in Fort Lauderdale

I took my camera to one meeting and ended up making this little movie using Picasa and Movie Maker:

I was hoping to get a lot of progress on updating our PicasaTutorials.com website since I had hired a web development firm the month before to take it over, put it on their servers and update it to a new design with all sorts of bells and whistles. 

picasatutorials

Then I was going to start ringing those bells and blowing the whistles.  Instead I had to spend most of my time putting out fires because, in the process of transferring and updating, it was left vulnerable to hackers.  Instead of our readers being impressed with an updated system (for which I spent a lot of money) they were greeted with a Google warning that the site was filled with Malware.  What a nightmare!  To their credit, the developers and webhosts did do all the work to clean it up, but I spent all my time doing damage control and keeping tabs on it.  It is now all clean (I hope) and it’s working faster than ever.  But, I don’t have much heart anymore for ringing those bells and blowing the whistles! 

I spent as much time with Mom as possible.  Here’s a sweet picture of her getting her hair cut.

mom-haircut
mom-haircut

Oh yeah, we spent some time with the grandkids too.  Here we were babysitting them at the pool.

Grandkids at the swimming pool
Grandkids at the swimming pool
IMG_5509.JPG
IMG_5509.JPG

And, here they are in the motorhome with their favorite babysitters … our tablet computers!  We don’t have to show them a thing … they really do know how to use them just intuitively.  In fact, I keep a close watch so I can learn something!

At home with the babysitters!
At home with the babysitters!

We were supposed to get on the road a few days ago, but we had to wait for an awning part to arrive.  The arm that holds the awning out just snapped and broke in a little bit of weather the other day.  That part arrived today and Jim took care of putting it all back together again.  He also worked with a repairman to fix our rear air conditioner unit while I did some laundry.

We’re both looking forward to hitting the road so we can relax a bit!

We’re headed to Colorado Springs, for the RVSEF conference.  After that, it will be Rapid City, SD and then Gillette, WY for lots more rallies.  See our calendar for all the details.

3 comments:

Doug said...

I like the new car. Where is the luggage rack though? How are you going to carry your kayaks?

Bill said...

Congratulations on becoming an Escapees endorsed vendor.

Randy and Pam Warner said...

Nice match on the Honda. Great blog and glad you got the new system up and running despite the challenges.